11.20.2007

Definition: Responsibility

"Do you ever get the feeling that everything in America is completely fucked up?"
-Mark Hunter, Pump Up the Volume

Well, my friends, the time has come for my personal revolution. If it isn't obvious to those of you who know me, I am experiencing a euphoria that can only stem from productive self-examination. I feel great, and I'll tell you why: I am the creator of my own destiny. This may sound like a bit of optimistic nonsense to most of you, maybe because it's obvious that nobody else controls our individual lives.
However, I feel as though I'm finally getting to the core of my explorations into the human condition. Do the rest of you? Because, honestly, I can do this by myself, but it won't be half as much fun. I have a newfound respect for open communication and honesty, because I now know much more clearly what I should do to help others with their problems. The first step is to understand, and I can't understand anything if I can't expect honest answers to my questions. I can tell you that I will be honest with all of you.
I can also tell you that I am afraid. I fear a lot of things; I'm afraid of being alone, most of all. I fear the police, the government, and the depths of my own insanity. I fear the possibility that invisible enemies will destroy me, but I fear more greatly that my own faults will be my undoing. In giving the rest of you my uncompromising respect and trust, I am scared of the possibility that I will not earn the same from you. It's my promise to you that I will endeavor to ignore my fears and be responsible for my actions.
We're all worried, we're all in pain. That just comes with having eyes and having ears. But just remember one thing - it can't get any worse, it can only get better. . .Quitting is not going to make you stronger, living will. So just hang on and hang in there.

So let's toss some fears out. And not like this shoddy excuse for a blog. C'mon, write something original.

I'm afraid of the future, because it probably won't go the way I want it to.

1 comment:

john tvarsky said...

Some days it's sort of like a marauding horde has been, like, running rampant over some ways we like to look at the world. Visigoths is probably too esoteric a reference so I suppose I'd rather relate to you the feeling of the first time you read these words. Do I have a high opinion of myself? You'd better fucking believe it. I'm too good for any of your pigshit nonsense. Let's play a game. It's called keep breathing.