11.06.2007

Definition: The

It was a glorious day today. Not just because the weather was nice, though that always helps brighten my spirits. Today, it happens, I realized that my ideas are most appropriately translated to some form of print, since I have trouble organizing them as they happen to occur in my mind. This blog represents my intention to document my research in various areas during my free time. Despite my ulterior motive of justifying/formulating a coherent personal manifesto (the overarching goal), I believe that a deeper meaning can be constructed from the individual lessons learned on a daily basis. With this in mind, I will attempt to logically piece together my procession of ideas as they expand and diverge, following those trains until the end of their track, to see if they reunite, or define themselves as individually relevant material.
I recognize the appearance of the preceding paragraph. It would seem naive of me to assume some reasonable progression of topics into a "big picture." At the very least, there is no clear definition of a mission statement or of particular topics to be discussed. This matter will be cleared up by the time of my next post, in which I will explore my first topic: the recent Blackwater scandal. This particular subject intrigues me to no end, considering the background of Blackwater's leadership and the de facto utilization of private security firms by our government in military conflicts. This lends itself quite handily to criticism, but not the matter-of-fact criticism that the mainstream media tends to employ. I endeavor to explore a deeper reason behind the incredible changes in our government during my lifetime; this involves questioning the exploitative policies which have become commonplace in the last ten years, the division of the American public over certain issues, and the ideals and beliefs that we, as citizens, share with one another.
Aside from those political issues, I find that the categorization and separation of different topics from one another removes context, and defines a new type of knowledge: that of the trivial. With this in mind, I will strive to relate and analyze different areas of interest which may not be traditionally associated within the same context. Psychology and sociology provide interesting perspectives into political and economic interactions, and as such, should not necessarily be viewed as specific divisions of academia. Different viewpoints are also a necessity to prevent repetitive or unproductive modes of thought. For this reason, I intend to invite complementary writers to contribute to this, hopefully to the benefit of all involved.
Let me be explicit in this: this blog is an excercise in innovative, collaborative, and unconventional thought processes. It is nothing more than an excercise, and should be viewed not as a statement, but rather an interpretation of the facts.
Further examination to follow.

No comments: